Use of Your Personal Information
Alcove collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver services you have requested. We may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products and services available from us or our affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. However, we may from time to time contact you on behalf of our business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personal identifiable information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address) is transferred to the third party. We may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or post mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We may disclose your personal information ,without notice, if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of law or to comply with legal process served upon us, (b) protect and defend our rights and property, and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the Consumer Privacy Act and certain other privacy and date protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information.
Tracking User Behavior
Alcove may keep track of you and other users in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
We may automatically collect information about your hardware and software. This information an include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our website.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set forth below, on receipt of verifiable request form you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which your personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
Exercise free speech, ensure the rights of others to exercise their right to free speech, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adhere to all applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of information is likely to render impossible or serious impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your personal consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Alcove does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must get permission from a parent or guardian to use our products and services.
Opt-Out and Unsubscribe From Third Party Information
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. You may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from our third-party partners by contacting us on our website, via email, or by phone.